    but since installing the above update, trying to open SndStorm.exe generates
    a Microsoft error message and the sound control applet will not open.

    John

    John Boy, Nov 1, 2003

  2. John Boy

    Ben Pope Guest

    Yeah... thats 'cos the driver is updated but the control panel is not... and
    version numbers of the control panel have to equal those of the driver.

    Either downgrade your audio driver and wait for the new nForce platform
    drivers (that are supposed to be soon, hehe) or look for the Asus updated
    ones (3.64) or another set that includes an updated or hacked control panel.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Nov 1, 2003

  3. John Boy

    John Boy Guest