    version installation dvd or cd rom. I brought my presario s5040an late
    last year. After removing the physical data to install linux. I could
    not go back to the full version. Can anyone help?

    Andrew Colville, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Andrew Colville

    Ben Myers Guest

    "windows xp full version" ?? Do you mean Windows XP Pro?

    If your system has a valid XP Home Certificate of Authentication sticker on it,
    you should be able to reinstall XP Home using the product key from the COA.
    What problem did you encounter? You may have to wipe out the Linux partition
    table for Windows to install properly... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 22, 2005

  3. How do i re-install with product code

    Andrew Colville, Jan 22, 2005
  4. Andrew Colville

    HH Guest

    Do you mean you only have the Windows XP Home Edition UPGRADE CD?
    HH

    HH, Jan 22, 2005
  5. Andrew Colville

    Ken Guest

    Don't most Compaqs come with a restoration partition on the HD or a set
    of CDs of that partition??? Or do you really have an XP installation
    CD? If you have a restoration set on CDs, you will need to follow the
    procedure for restoring them. I think there might be a key you hit
    during POST that allows such a restore.

    Ken, Jan 22, 2005
  6. Do you still have the recovery partition and/or did you create the
    recovery tools CD and recovery CDs (or DVD) before "removing the physical
    data"? If not, maybe you can order the recovery CDs from HP/Compaq.

    I remember a time before CD or DVD writers were common when Compaq did not
    provide any backup of the software (unless you ordered it at extra cost).
    At least now they provide software to create the recovery disks, if you
    discover that and make them before you mess up your system.

    David Efflandt, Jan 23, 2005
  7. yeah just the recovery cd's.

    Andrew Colville, Jan 23, 2005