Windows XP pro and Matrox Marvel G400, will it ever work??

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Charles Collette, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Hello to you all,

    What is needed to get the Matrox Marvel G400 to work in Windows XP
    pro? Did try;

    install Windows 98SE with all driver and vidtools in place. This works
    perfectly. Than update to Windows XP pro. The card works, but vidtools
    comes with a stupid error. Something about a 4 bit color palette and
    it needs a 16 bit one. Whatever I tried to change resolution, it won't
    work.

    install Windows 2000 and update to Windows XP. Can see TV but cann't
    play or record anything. No matter what version of drivers I use.

    install Windows XP on a clean (fully wiped) drive. There are no
    drivers on de Matrox site for XP so I used the 2000 drivers. Now I get
    the video card working perfectly, but the vidtools won't install.
    There is a complain about a missing interrupt.

    HELP. What is needed? Can it work in Windows XP pro?

    Thanks for advance for your advice and answers,
    Charles Collette

    Charles Collette, Jan 22, 2004