    anywhere?

    Thanks
    Toby

    Toby, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Toby

    Chris H. Guest

    You would need to contact the point of your purchase, Toby. As you know,
    the only availability of the operating system version is the OEM.

    Chris H., Feb 8, 2005

  3. Toby

    Alex Yu Guest

    Try calling Microsoft Customer Support and explaining your situation.

    --
    Alex Yu
    http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/

    This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims
    to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting
    is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias
    is for newsgroup purposes only. Remove "online." if you would
    like to reach me privately.

    Alex Yu, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Toby

    Chris H. Guest

    Microsoft Customer Support doesn't have the OEM CD/DVD setup. They'll only
    tell the user to contact the OEM.

    Chris H., Feb 8, 2005
  5. Toby

    Alex Yu Guest

    There are retail builds of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, so there is a
    chance that they can send him a replacement. Most likely he can get
    drivers from the manufacture web site.

    --
    Alex Yu
    http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/

    This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims
    to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting
    is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias
    is for newsgroup purposes only. Remove ".nospam.thanks" if you would
    like to reach me privately.

    Alex Yu, Feb 8, 2005
  6. Toby

    Chris H. Guest

    I'm not going to argue the point, but it doesn't work that way. The issue
    is either he received the wrong language version from the OEM, or didn't
    specify which he wanted. In both cases he needs to contact the OEM.

    Chris H., Feb 8, 2005
  7. Toby

    Pete Wright Guest

    Chris is, as always, absolutely right. The only ways our regionally
    challenged friend can solve his problem are

    1. Convince the tablet manufacturer that he should get another copy of
    Windows. Chances are they may even make him pay for it since he has already
    got a valid license key that has been burned by installing the Chinese
    version, and he'll need not only a new copy of the OS, but also a key for
    it.

    2. Cough up a couple of grand and sign up to MSDN universal. At that point
    he can download any language version of Windows XP for Tablet PC that he
    cares to try out.

    I seriously doubt Microsoft support would be able to do anything for the guy
    since they can't prove he has a bona fide Tablet PC, and it's not really
    their responsibility anyway - the tablet should have been bought in a region
    where it ships with the language the chap needs.

    Pete Wright, Feb 9, 2005