    Any ideas when this is due?
    Will it contain character recognition for Swedish handwriting?
    Olle

    Fjordgren, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Fjordgren

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Sep 7, 2003

  3. Fjordgren

    Chris H. Guest

    Embarrassing? I don't think so, when one realizes all the work needed to
    make the product correct. Remember, the handwriting recognition took years
    to develop, and didn't just suddenly start working when Tablet PCs went on
    the market last year. Take a look at the research section of Microsoft, and
    you'll see projects underway which haven't become available yet:
    http://research.microsoft.com .
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    MS about the MUIRP is mid-March?
    No wonder the sales of Tablet PCs are down in Europe as
    this indicates that MS interest in the European market is
    less that overwhelming....

    Chris H., Sep 8, 2003
  4. Fjordgren

    Olle Guest

    Well, as far as I am aware there will be no handwriting
    recognition in any other language in the new MUIRP, so
    what is the problem?

    Olle, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Fjordgren

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Sep 8, 2003
  6. Fjordgren

    Olle Guest

    Well, it seems that we have to see whos understanding is
    the better one.....

    Olle, Sep 9, 2003
  7. Fjordgren

    Antony Guest

    Antony, Sep 9, 2003
  8. Fjordgren

    Olle Guest

    Thank you, kind Sir!
    At last someone here had a sensible answer!
    Olle

    Olle, Sep 9, 2003
  9. Fjordgren

    Mike Guest

    -----Original Message-----http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/tabletpc/evaluation/muiprodguide.asp

    Sadly, this guide indicates that the regular Windows XP MUI Pack must
    be installed as a prerequisite to installing recognizers that do not
    require any external UI updates. So if you simply want to install
    (say) the German handwriting recognizer then you are forced to pay for
    and install a huge number of unnecessary files. An analogy would be
    Office requiring you to install the Office MUI Pack just to install
    the German spell-checker engine - which, for the uninitiated, is not
    necessary and not required. Any Tablet PC recognizer that requires a
    MUI pack to run is poorly packaged. This is further demonstrable from
    the fact that none of the non-English Tablet SKUs requires an English
    MUI installation to run the English recognizers.

    It might also be a good idea for Microsoft to update the FAQ and News
    update sections of the TabletPC website to provide this current
    information rather than the six-months out-of-date articles there now.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 11, 2003