    Any suggestions?

    Warmest regards,

    Joe

    Joe Meadors, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Joe Meadors

    Gojira Guest

    If you took the precaution of creating a restore point before you installed
    SP2,I suggest you use it.This update has caused an incredible amount of
    problems.

    Gojira, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Joe Meadors

    Euclid Guest

    Ditto. I uninstalled SP2, which caused too many problems. But that didn't
    return my computer to pre-SP2 condition entirely. I had to use my System
    Restore point to get everything back to normal. Fortunately I had applied
    the Compaq/HP System Restore update, and then made a restore point prior to
    installing SP2, so it worked OK.
    -E

    Euclid, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Joe Meadors

    Gojira Guest

    I didn't install it at all once I learned of the problems it's
    caused,especially in the area of browser problems,internet
    connections,modems,ect.,anything related to online functions.It's supposed
    to be mainly a security update,but I swear it's caused as many problems as
    any virus could!

    Gojira, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Joe Meadors

    Tom Scales Guest

    Hmm, interesting that the replies have all been negative. SP2 works fine for
    me and I know of many others without problems too.

    I'd suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the modem drivers first and see
    if that solves the problem.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Sep 1, 2004
  6. Joe Meadors

    Quaoar Guest

    Check Device Manager. There is a possibility that SP2 failed to
    install the correct driver. It's done this in several reported cases.

    Quaoar, Sep 1, 2004
  7. Joe Meadors

    Joe Meadors Guest

    Well, I know you're all waiting with baited breath.

    What I did is go to the Control Panel, delete the modem (not just the
    driver) and reboot the system.

    Upon rebooting, the system found the modem and installed it properly.

    Everything's working just fine now.

    Now I just have to figure out what SP2 has other than the virus protection
    and firewall.

    Thanks for all the replies.

    Warmest regards,

    Joe

    Joe Meadors, Sep 3, 2004
  8. Joe Meadors

    Tom Scales Guest

    Well, it DOESN'T have virus protection, so don't count on it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Sep 3, 2004
  9. Joe Meadors

    Joe Meadors Guest

    I don't.

    Been running Norton Internet Security for quite some time.

    Joe

    Joe Meadors, Sep 3, 2004