    select folders to be shared without the windows user being asked to
    type in a password etc.

    Hope some genius can help! Many thanks.

    Greg, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Why not just turn off the Windows box and put it out on the curb with
    "FREE" sign on it.

    Michael Vilain, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Use the "Map Network Drive" function in XP. It'll ask you for a
    username/password once, that should be it. then the Mapped OSX (drive)
    folder should appear as another drive on your PC.

    johnny bobby bee, Sep 24, 2005
  4. note that this won't survive the Mac being rebooted. I'm not sure but I
    think that if the Windows machine tries to connect when the Mac is
    sleeping, it'll fail and in addition "lose" the password. So long as
    the Mac is up and awake it will work.

    Carl Witthoft, Sep 24, 2005
  5. Of course, if the Mac is sleeping it'll fail. I was hoping that was
    pretty obvious. It should survive many many reboots of both the Mac and
    the XP box, though. Works that way here.

    johnny bobby bee, Sep 25, 2005