Wine and the Laptop - yes I spilled it

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by RobCraig, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. RobCraig

    RobCraig

    Wine and the Laptop - yes I spilled it

    What does a flashing AC POWER LED mean?

    The win98SE compaq laptop presario 1240 (1200 series) was on but in powersave mode when spilt upon by by 1/4 ounce of wine. I inverted the unit and cleaned it. Then I noticed that the AC POWER LED was flashing. I unplugged it in case additional drying time was needed.

    There are 3 LEDS
    Normally the AC POWER LED is on steady when the AC adapter is connected.
    In addition the CHARGING LED is on steady when charging.
    In addition the UNIT "ON" LED is on steady when laptop is actually turned on.

    When I plugged the adapter in again the AC POWER LED once again was flashing, but pushing the power switch had no effect.

    That continues to be the status.

    I had the tool to remove 6 star screws and remove the keyboard. It appears quite dry, even dusty, and not sticky in the inner area below the keyboard. There is a full length plate protecting the chips. This too appears intact.

    So whatdui do now ?????

    (The data is safe on a flash drive, but this machine is still useful to me)

    RobCraig, Sep 14, 2006