    I went to Creative's site to get better drivers for this old beast (well, the card itself isn't THAT old perhaps, it came in a d(H)ell about 2 years ago), but that was a hopeless task.

    Doing a "find drivers" search thing, I got some hits. First file seemed to be a driver pack, with about three or four do:s, and about three or four don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xyz". I look for patch xyz, same thing there. Three or four do:s, three or four don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xzy". Xzy yielded same confusing list of do:s and don't:s.

    Which fucking file(s) should I download/install and in which order, to get the most recent liveware and drivers for WinXP home edition? Why does Creative have to make this so friggin difficult? Video card drivers are all ONE PACK these days, very simple, very easy. Why can't Creative do the same? *sigh!*

    Lenny, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Lenny

    Glenn Guest

[...]

    What's the prob?

    Go to this link: -

    http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppo...egory=2&os=10&driverlang=&prod=5&drivertype=1

    DL the drivers, uninstall any existing drivers (Start>Settings>Add or Remove
    Programs) reboot, Let XP install it's native drivers, then install the new
    drivers. Worked for me.

    Glenn

    Glenn, Sep 21, 2003