1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

WinXP Driver Inquiry for SBLive Value

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Lenny, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Lenny

Lenny Guest

I went to Creative's site to get better drivers for this old beast (well, the card itself isn't THAT old perhaps, it came in a d(H)ell about 2 years ago), but that was a hopeless task.

Doing a "find drivers" search thing, I got some hits. First file seemed to be a driver pack, with about three or four do:s, and about three or four don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xyz". I look for patch xyz, same thing there. Three or four do:s, three or four don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xzy". Xzy yielded same confusing list of do:s and don't:s.

Which fucking file(s) should I download/install and in which order, to get the most recent liveware and drivers for WinXP home edition? Why does Creative have to make this so friggin difficult? Video card drivers are all ONE PACK these days, very simple, very easy. Why can't Creative do the same? *sigh!*

Lenny, Sep 21, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. Lenny

Glenn Guest

I went to Creative's site to get better drivers for this old beast (well,
    the card itself isn't THAT old perhaps, it came in a d(H)ell about 2 years
    ago), but that was a hopeless task.

Doing a "find drivers" search thing, I got some hits. First file seemed to
    be a driver pack, with about three or four do:s, and about three or four
    don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xyz". I look for
    patch xyz, same thing there. Three or four do:s, three or four don't:s, of
    which one was "...unless you installed patch xzy". Xzy yielded same
    confusing list of do:s and don't:s.

Which fucking file(s) should I download/install and in which order, to get
    the most recent liveware and drivers for WinXP home edition? Why does
    Creative have to make this so friggin difficult? Video card drivers are all
    ONE PACK these days, very simple, very easy. Why can't Creative do the same?
    *sigh!*

What's the prob?

Go to this link: -

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppo...egory=2&os=10&driverlang=&prod=5&drivertype=1

DL the drivers, uninstall any existing drivers (Start>Settings>Add or Remove
    Programs) reboot, Let XP install it's native drivers, then install the new
    drivers. Worked for me.

Glenn

Glenn, Sep 21, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question