    master. And I have the CMOS set up so my first boot device is the
    combo drive. But when I try to boot from the winxp disk it tells me it
    can't find the hard drive. What gives?

    Eric Mathiesen, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Eric Mathiesen

    Lawrie Kemp Guest

    You may need to change the master/slave jumper on the WD HDD, I remember
    the WD drives have a special jumper setting for "single" drive which is
    different to the "master (with slave present)" which your drive may be
    currently set to.

    I've been caught by this myself in the past and it can really make you
    think you have serious problems with hardware.

    Lawrie Kemp, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Eric Mathiesen

    bib Guest

    You may need to change the master/slave jumper on the WD HDD, I remember
    yes indeed, I simply solved the problem by removing the jumper...
    I'd be happy if it were the only problem I had(still have) with this doomed XPC

    bib, Dec 23, 2003