    Does someone have a solution for this dillema?

    Thanks
    Mike McWhinney

    eljainc, Dec 21, 2004

  2. eljainc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try attaching the printer to another computer to see if the same problem exists.
    If so, it is the printer, not Windows or the computer itself.

    Boot up the computer into DOS mode with a Windows 98 or ME setup disk, then copy
    a text file to the printer port, i.e. COPY /B CONFIG.SYS LPT1: Afterward, press
    the form feed botton on the printer to eject the page. Does this procedure work
    successfully? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 21, 2004

  3. eljainc

    Ben Myers Guest

    Another parallel cable? Network the printer with a JetDirect card? A mismatch
    in Windows printer settings and the actual printer setup itself, particularly
    the amount of memory? Not enough memory in the printer?

    The cause of the problem could just as well be the computer hardware or Windows
    or the printer itself... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 21, 2004