    How to change the hardware abstraction layer (HAL) or where to get the HAL
    for the Intel Chipset 865PE?

    TIA

    Peter Wagner, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Peter Wagner

    Pete Gray Guest

    Just where in Task Manager did you expect to see two CPUs? I don't
    find two CPUs shown anywhere in my Task Manager.

    If you go to Device Manager, however, and click on Processors, you
    should see two listed. If you do, you don't have a problem.

    Pete Gray, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Peter Wagner

    FredP Guest

    If you go to Task Manager and select the 'Performance' tab, if you have
    HT you will see two 'CPU Usage History' graphs displayed ... I imagine
    that's what Peter was referring to.

    FredP, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Peter Wagner

    rikgale Guest

    I dont know if this is the case in W2K, but in XP Task Manager --> View -->
    CPU Histroy, and select whether you wish to see one graph per CPU or the
    CPU's combiened.

    Good luck

    Rik

    rikgale, Oct 6, 2004