    i'm having an extremly difficult time setting up my Lexmark P6250 all
    in one printer with my airport extreme base station!! does anyone have
    a solution?

    macatak, Aug 16, 2005

  2. macatak

    Ernie Klein Guest

    You can't really use an all-in-one printer with an AirPort Extreme. The
    printer USB port only has one-way transmission. There is no way for the
    scanner to communicate back to the network. I just hooked my all-in-one
    to my desktop and setup printer sharing so I can print from the other
    computers in the house. If the desktop goes to sleep, I just send it a
    'wake on LAN' packet.

    --
    -Ernie-

    "There are only two kinds of computer users -- those who have
    suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, and those who will."

    Have you done your backup today?

    Ernie Klein, Aug 16, 2005

  3. macatak

    M-M Guest

    Please, how exactly do you do this?

    m-m

    M-M, Aug 17, 2005
  4. macatak

    Ernie Klein Guest

    wakeonlan sends a "magic" packet to the MAC address of the ethernet card
    and will wake up a sleeping computer if it supports WOL (my G4 does, as
    do most Macs). It is a unix executable which can be found at many sites
    (http://www.gknw.com/wol.html) for one. I call it from an Applescript.
    I believe someone has written a GUI for it that is available from
    versiontracker.com.

    Ernie Klein, Aug 18, 2005
  5. Neill Massello, Aug 18, 2005