    disable this setting. The laptop is plugged in, and there are no
    conditions turned on in Power Options for when on AC. Does anyone know
    how to fix this?

    Jay, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Jay

    Woody Guest

    In power options advanced tab change the option 'When I close the lid--' to
    do nothing.

    Woody, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    It is, thats the first thing I checked. Everything is switched to "Do
    Nothing" when plugged in. Even on battery power, I have the Close Lid
    set to "Do Nothing" just in case.

    Jay, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I feel like it has something to do with all the IBM Connection
    software, since that software overrides a lot of Windows stuff. And
    it's only the internet the is disabled when I close the lid...I'm still
    logged on and everything.

    Jay, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Jay

    GomJabbar Guest

    I don't know of a software solution, but I can think of a hardware one.
    Knock off the tit on the display lid that depresses the switch when
    you close the lid. Just remember to press Fn + F3 before you close the
    lid, to turn off the display.

    GomJabbar, Sep 27, 2006
  6. Jay

    obs Guest

    Do you have the network doing anything, like check mail?

    obs, Sep 28, 2006