    strength.

    Thanks in advance,
    Lee

    leeiroth, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Do you mean programmatically? If so, you should probably post in the
    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer group (actually a more generic
    developer group would likely be more appropriate).

    The short answer is, WMI, it's a bitch, and not all wifi drivers support it.

    Josh Einstein, Apr 25, 2006

  3. leeiroth

    Chris H. Guest

    If you're using Windows XP to configure the wireless network (recommended),
    open Network Connections, right-click the icon representing your LAN
    connection (it should show Connected, Firewalled) and select Properties. At
    the bottom of the General tab, you'll see a box next to Show icon in
    notification area when connected. Put a check mark in there.

    If you're not using Windows to configure the network, go to the Wireless
    Networks tab and put a check mark in the box next to Use Windows to
    configure my wireless network settings. You will then be able to
    right-click that icon in the Systray and select from a whole bunch of
    information on the menu. Hovering over the icon will show you other items,
    including Speed and Signal Strength.

    Chris H., Apr 25, 2006
  4. Thanks Chris. I think he's actually talking about programmatically though. I
    answered over in the developer group. His past few messages have been about
    mobile API's so I figure this is too. The answer isn't pretty though.

    Josh Einstein, Apr 25, 2006
  5. leeiroth

    leeiroth Guest

    I meant programmatically.

    Thanks for the responses

    leeiroth, Apr 25, 2006
  6. leeiroth

    Chris H. Guest

    Programmer and developer type items should go to the
    microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer newsgroup. This newsgroup is
    more for user issues, while the devs and programmers hang out in the other
    newsgroup.

    Chris H., Apr 25, 2006