    if I use P4C800 Deluxe motherboard I don't need also Adaptek Ata
    Driver Sistem Raid 1200A? P4C800 Deluxe has integrated it?
    Thanks Fogar

    Fogar, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Fogar

    Surfer Guest

    Hi,

    Yes I think you are right, has intergrated raid.

    Ben.

    Surfer, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    Hi,
    thanks for you news.
    I need three HD:

    1) "C" 80 Gig with OS
    2) "D" 80 Gig only for deposit of music
    3) "E" 120 Gig for editing. There will avi files

    Will it sufficient to use only Asus P4C800 Deluxe or do I need to add
    also Adaptec ATA RAID 1200A?
    Thanks very much Fogar

    Fogar, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Fogar

    Guest Guest

    Depends on type drives (SATA/ATA) and RAID config (0,1, 0+1, etc.) you plan.

    If all drives are SATA, then take two 80gb drives and plug in to SATA for
    RAID 0; then use SATA to ATA converter and attach 120gb drive to ATA
    connector. Vice versa if all drives are ATA.

    For what I see as far your plans, you've no reason/way to go RAID as your 2
    80gb drives will show as one drive in RAID 0 which means you can't seperate
    OS on one, then music on other.

    Besides RAID 0 is not very secure and not particularly fast (vice RAID 0+1,
    but that requires 4 similar sized drives).

    RAID info:
    http://www.storagereview.com/welcome.pl/http://www.storagereview.com/guide20
    00/ref/hdd/perf/
    {click to "Summary Comparison of RAID levels" if you want brief overvies}
    http://www.acnc.com/04_01_00.html {Summarizes RAID 0}

    With the drives you've got, I'd suggest stay out of RAID. Otherwise, if
    deadset for RAID: 120gb for OS, the RAID 0 for 2 80gbs (store all AVI/music
    there, but only 80 gb avail tot).

    Good Luck!

    Guest, Jun 24, 2003
  5. Fogar:

    Have read the minimum requirements for the video capture sub-system ?

    PC Minimum Requirements
    ---------------------------
    2 free PCI V2.1 Slots
    Dual 450MHz Pentium III CPUs
    256MB RAM
    AV rated hard disk drive (10MB/sec min. sustained transfer)
    CD-ROM Drive
    Windows XP, Windows ME or Windows 2000 operating system
    Microsoft® IntelliMouse® or compatible
    Graphics card with hardware DirectDraw overlay

    Reference
    http://www.canopus.com/us/products/dvrex-rt_professional/pt_dvrex-rt_professional.asp

    At $4,4000 for the DVRex, don't skimp on the platform.

    It requires a "DUAL CPU" motherboard and AV rated disk sub-system. A P4 2.8GHz
    motherboard is not the same as a Dual PIII/450Mhz. You seem to be looking at
    SINGLE CPU systems !
    You posted about max. 100MB/s disk subsystem. You need to make sure it can
    provide a sustained 10MB/s data-stream. Not burst. I strongly suggest SCSI.
    At least a U160 SCSI hard disk and an Adaptec 19160 SCSI controller.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jun 24, 2003
  6. Fogar

    Fogar Guest

    When I have read your post I was very worried, but the PC Minimum
    Requirements is for DVRex RT Professional.
    I have a DVRex RT no professional and I think one processor is ok.
    I hope. You can tell me something?
    Thanks Fogar

    Fogar, Jun 24, 2003
  7. Fogar

    BNR Guest

    Hyperthreading(HT) makes a solo P4 a multiprocessor system, theoretically,
    with only 1 chip, physically. Just make sure your OS is WinXP and you have
    a HT P4. Goodluck.

    BNR, Jun 27, 2003
  8. Fogar

    CSX Guest

    Can u just stick in 1 Ultra DMA133 into the raid 0 slot and use the Pc ?
    Ta

    CSX, Jun 27, 2003