    boards? I heard most of the 802.11g pci wlan cards are incompatible with the
    i440bx chipset.
    Please share your knowledge.

    erik©, Feb 9, 2005

  2. erik©

    ned ludd Guest

    All that you hear may not necessarily be true.

    Most commonly available pci wlan cards require a 2.2 ver PCI slot. My 6163
    Pro has 2.2 PCI slots, recognises an MSI wlan card when it's plugged in and
    the activity led lights. Currently I don't have a HD connected, so I can't
    test further - but would doubt that a chipset - driver problem exists.
    The same card in an old socket 7 (PCI 2.1) MB isn't even recognised. I'm
    guessing that a few very early BX boards had 2.1 PCI slots, hence the
    stories about the chipset.

    ned ludd, Feb 10, 2005