    what is the GF3 ti200 64mb that I have won on ebay comparable to in terms of
    performance these days would it out perform say a MX440? ATI 9250?

    Thanks.

    Lee, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Lee

    deimos Guest

    I have very fond memories of my TI200. It served me very well for a
    long time. It went through 3 system upgrades (a Duron/KT133A, a
    Palamino, and my current Barton 2500/NForce 2 Ultra) before I replaced
    it with a 5700 and then a 6600GT.

    In term of performance, it's FAR better than any MX. Geometry
    performance is particularly good (TnL), although it only supports a 1.1
    pixel shader, and I'm not sure about a vertex shader. I used it for
    everything from Morrowind and UT2003 to AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max.

    The TI200 was rather special for its time because it was a much more
    efficient (power wise) version of the GF3 core and overclocked extremely
    well (at least my Leadtek TI200 did). I could OC to at least 225/525
    over the default 175/400. That made it equal with plain GF3 levels and
    some people with better RAM could OC to near TI500 levels. Overall it
    was faster by default than a Geforce 2 Ultra.

    I think it outperforms a Radeon 9100 (because they aren't based off an
    R3xx core), but it would be at a disadvantage in DX9 against even low
    end DX9 chips (FX5500, GF6 6200, ATI equivalent). It was a good DX7 and
    DX8 card for its time. Although it did actually run Doom 3 surprisingly
    on my second system :).

    deimos, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Lee

    RJAG Guest

    In the same boat mate, have just won a Ti 200 on eBay. From what I've read
    the GF4MX is just a glorified GF2. I think the onboard version has a better
    bandwidth and so runs a little better. Some of the features of the GF2 and
    GF3 are still not fully used in many games.

    I'm upgrading an old PC I have for my son, so I think it'll whip the GF2MX I
    have in his system and keep him off mine. Ha Ha

    RJAG, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Lee

    Dan Guest

    I had one for a few yrs that served well - on comparing figures with
    the geforce 4mx, it outperformed the 4mx in a lot of secrtions,, but
    just lacked a couple of the features of the 4mx...

    Dan, Sep 23, 2005
  5. For a chart comparing performance take a look here: bye
    Michael

    Michael Romes, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Lee

    First of One Guest

    Eh? The GF4 MX is really a GF2 MX with newer AA options. It lacks all the
    hardware shaders offered on the GF3. John Carmack, in one of his .plan
    updates, explicitly recommended against using the GF4 MX for Doom 3.

    First of One, Sep 24, 2005
  7. The GF 4 MX had iDCT decode acceleration for DVDs and supported nVidia's
    TwinView. On the GF3, you could have the TV out enabled or the monitor, but
    not both.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Sep 24, 2005
  8. Lee

    First of One Guest

    You are right about TwinView. However, every card since the Voodoo3 has had
    iDCT decode acceleration.

    First of One, Sep 24, 2005
  9. Sharanga Dayananda, Sep 24, 2005