    It's actually a Macintosh Plus emulator that runs on a jailbroken iPhone
    or iPod Touch.

    <http://namedfork.net/iphone/minivmac/>

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 23, 2009

  2. Cool :) Now if you could get colour emulation working that would be
    _really_ neat. System 6 would be fine, System 7 (doable?) would be
    awesome.

    Still, that is very nifty!

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Feb 23, 2009

  3. That'd take starting over from scratch. The original package on which
    this is based - Mini vMac - is explicitly a Mac Plus emulator. To get
    color support beyond what original QuickDraw was capable of, they'd need
    to leverage a completely different emulator.

    Gregory Weston, Feb 23, 2009
  4. As cool as Mini vMac and the original much larger vMac was, even I
    struggle to find more than curiosity value in an emulated B&W 9" screen,
    especially as Mini vMac seems to enjoy corrupting the disk images I use
    with it.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Feb 23, 2009
  5. Value beyond curiosity depends on whether or not you have software from
    that era that makes assumptions about its runtime environment (like the
    screen geometry) and haven't found a suitable replacement that's more
    modern. A fair number of games fall into that category.

    Gregory Weston, Feb 23, 2009
  6. Yeah, but there are only a handful of neat Mac games that refuse to run
    on anything but a B&W compact Mac (or emulation of said Mac). No doubt
    that's cool, but a IIci emulator would be way cooler IMO :)

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Feb 24, 2009