    533 Mhz FSB cpus on ebay.

    Thanks in advance!

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Apr 26, 2006

  2. TheGarbageGuy, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Buck Rogers

    Buck Rogers Guest

    Buck Rogers, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Buck Rogers

    Ben Myers Guest

    IF (A BIG IF) the 533MHz FSB CPU is recognized by the system BIOS, it will run
    at 400MHz FSB. But it's speed will be 400/533 x (rated speed). P4 and Celery
    CPUs are clock-locked, which means that the clock multiplier is fixed and the
    bus clocking is generated by the motherboard during the early phases of Power On
    Self Test (POST).

    The newer lower-voltage P4 CPUs with funky numbers (e.g. Pentium 4 D 322) are
    not recognized by the BIOS in an older Dell P4 system, e.g. Dimension 2400 or
    earlier, Dimension 8300 or earlier, etc... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 26, 2006
  5. Buck Rogers

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    Ben, dont forget to take the number of pins into consideration ... 603 v
    604. If the 533 is a 604, and the 400Mhz board is a 603 .. the answer should
    be no. however, i have heard of guys breaking that pin off and having it
    work, the reason being for overclocking purposes, or some such thing.

    NuTCrAcKeR, Apr 26, 2006
  6. Buck Rogers

    S.Lewis Guest

    Which machine model and number. Yes, that may mean only everything.

    S.Lewis, Apr 26, 2006
  7. Buck Rogers

    Ben Myers Guest

    603 or 604? Aren't we talking P4 technology here? Socket 478 vs LGA 775,
    which cannot be confused? These ARE Dells, a bastion of 100% Intel CPUs... Ben
    Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Buck Rogers

    S.Lewis Guest

    ::::::::::blank stare::::::::::::::

    478-pins...... (g)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Apr 27, 2006
  9. Buck Rogers

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    uhm ... Xeons.

    sorry ... its all i deal with, so i tend to forget the desktop and consumer
    sectors ...

    - NuTs

    NuTCrAcKeR, May 9, 2006