    board. Of course, Dell wouldn't give me that sort of info.

    Cheers,

    Peter

    powervideo, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Not without a great deal of modification and a lot of rewiring - and
    probably a new power supply (or power supplies).

    Edward J. Neth, Apr 11, 2004

  3. powervideo

    powervideo Guest

    Thanks Edward,

    I was thinking that Dell must be using someone's else's mobo.

    powervideo, Apr 11, 2004
  4. powervideo

    powervideo Guest

    I meant to mention it comes with a power supply fitted, so it's the ATX
    board I'm concerned about.

    Peter

    powervideo, Apr 11, 2004
  5. The PowerEdge systems from the last few years use very much custom Dell
    boards built by Solectron and Celestica for the most part - I have not seen
    inside a 1600SC, but those Dells I use daily (PE 2500, 2550, 2600, 2650,
    etc.) would not take standard boards at all - the components inside are not
    standard ATX.

    Edward J. Neth, Apr 11, 2004
  6. powervideo

    powervideo Guest