    14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)
    Definitely a trend that will favor nvidia in future games.

    Jeff B

    JB, Jul 22, 2004

  2. JB

    Nicolai Guest

    14000 in 3Dmark03 with my BFG6800U OC. (Which is for sale, BTW.)

    Ah - THATS why u posted.....

    Give us the link or: Troll

    Nicolai, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Euhm.. BFG means Big Fucking Gun... in Quake3 and Doom ;)

    So did this company adept their name to it lol ? :)

    Like: "Our graphics cards are BFG's" :)

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 22, 2004
  4. JB

    jafar Guest

    I thought it was officially "Big Friendly Gun" ;)

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Registered Linux User #359623

    jafar, Jul 22, 2004
  5. JB

    NightSky 421 Guest

    There wasn't really much surprise about that. ATI needs to get new OpenGL
    drivers out. If they were smart, they would have it almost done by now.
    I think it's unwise to base video card purchasing decisions on a single
    game, but I think overall that both ATI and nVidia have competitive
    products in the X800 series and 6800 series, respectively.

    Depends how many future games adopt OpenGL.

    NightSky 421, Jul 23, 2004
  6. JB

    JB Guest

    ATI has known for some time that they do OGL poorly and that Doom3 would
    expose this weakness and hurt sales. Therefore it is obvious that they
    don't know how to fix the problem. Anyone who thinks that Doom3 will
    suddenly overnight run competitively on ATI hardware is EXTREMELY naive.

    Jeff B

    JB, Jul 23, 2004
  7. JB

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I look forward to seeing if ATI does anything with OpenGL on the upcoming
    4.8 driver update next month. I don't think we will see anything, but you
    never know...stranger things have happened at sea. :) At least things
    are pretty close performance-wise on the "older" 9800XT and GeForceFX
    5950.

    NightSky 421, Jul 23, 2004
  8. JB

    Nada Guest

    How does it feel to own a monster card when the Ethiopians are starving in Africa?

    Nada, Jul 23, 2004
  9. JB

    Nicolai Guest

    How does it feel to own a monster card when the Ethiopians are starving in Africa?

    I dont think the ethiopians are the only ppl starving . . .

    Nicolai, Jul 23, 2004
  10. How does it feel to own a monster card when the Ethiopians are starving in
    There's nothing we can do about it. Any time the USA sends aid to these
    places, their corrupted leaders just hoard it all and let their people
    suffer more.

    Mr. Brian Allen, Jul 23, 2004
  11. JB

    YanquiDawg Guest

    Depends how many future games adopt OpenGL.

    Oh,I think a few games will be coming out based on the DOOM 3 engine,don't you?

    YanquiDawg, Jul 23, 2004
  12. JB

    CapFusion Guest

    you?

    Ok guys....
    Direct3D API - This will normally tax your CPU [Software base]
    OpenGL API - This will tax your GPU [Hardware base].
    Which one you prefer?

    CapFusion,...

    CapFusion, Jul 23, 2004
  13. JB

    Nada Guest

    No, but this newsgroup is borderlining on the edge of starvation for a woman.

    Nada, Jul 26, 2004
  14. JB

    Nada Guest

    I bet they got some nice supplies from nVidia for the winter. Those
    MX cards will become very handy for the battles against the hungry
    hyenas and antelopes.

    Nada, Jul 26, 2004
  15. JB

    JB Guest

    Great! Especially since they are unavailable worldwide, and I've got
    one. :)

    Jeff B

    JB, Jul 27, 2004
  16. JB

    Chip Guest

    I think overall that both ATI and nVidia have competitive
    Glad you added the "respectively".... for those of us who might have thought
    the X800 was an nVidia part and the 6800 from ATI. Doh ;-)

    Chip

    Chip, Jul 28, 2004
  17. JB

    Chip Guest

    Neither, since this argument is complete pants, sorry.

    Chip, Jul 28, 2004
  18. JB

    Mark Leuck Guest

    Africa?

    Ethiopians will starve if I have a video card or not, in fact they will
    starve if I have a computer or not, attempting to make someone feel guilty
    for purchasing a video card by speaking about another nations problems due
    to corrupt goverments and/or lack of proper land management is kinda stupid

    Mark Leuck, Jul 31, 2004
  19. JB

    OCZ Guy Guest

    400 dolars could save a whole family over their :(, yet you spend it
    ona video card HMMMM you just don't care, you American maybe you can
    invade them and kill more of em YEah.

    HELLO NURSE.

    OCZ Guy, Aug 4, 2004
  20. JB

    J. Clarke Guest

    Nuke 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

    If you're going to pull out tired old rhetoric such as you're using then
    that's all the response you have any right to expect. Where do you _you_
    live? I need to write Bush and make sure he adds it to the list.

    J. Clarke, Aug 4, 2004