Wow impressive fanless graphics card: XFX GeForce 7950GT Extreme

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/xfx7950gtxt/

    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/949/1/page_1_introduction/index.html

    a single slot, fanless, high performing graphics card !!! and cheap too ?!

    Where were you when I designed/build my Dream PC lol =D

    Tip for the future:

    CPU should match GPU.

    It's useless to buy fast GPU if CPU can't handle it. (though I could
    overkill my CPU in the future: x2 3800+ ;))

    Might as well buy a less performing GPU but fanless and single slot ;)

    Two slots are being wasted in my Dream PC... would have been nice if I could
    have added a dial-up fax/voice modem ;) and maybe I would have had extra
    slot for physics card.. who knows.. i still have one unused free black weird
    little slot free though ;)

    Also fanless it's superb. Though the GTX 7900 512 MB are extremely quiet as
    well.. though sometimes I do hear a fan squeeking... not sure if it's one of
    these cards... but last couple of days squeek sound is gone ;)

    However I am not sure if it's a DX10 card... this card may have come to
    late...

    If it's not DX10 and doesn't have physics accelerator I would recommended
    not buying this card and wait for it's successor with physics...

    For example the

    XFX 8950 gt XT :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Look at the heatsink... single slot?

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19

    Man-wai Chang, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Yes, single slot. The heatsink on the front of the card is very slim,
    The heat pipes and radiator fins on the back top-rear of the card do
    protrude, but create no issues for clearance, even in SLI mode on
    motherboards that have the minimum distance between PCI-E slots.

    Mr.E Solved!, Dec 8, 2006
  4. Yes, single slot. The heatsink on the front of the card is very slim,
    I like fanless stuffs. Fans could fail.

    --
    .~. Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. http://www.linux-sxs.org
    /( _ )\ (Ubuntu 6.10) Linux 2.6.19.1