    around 50-55C according to Fuzzy Logic. That seems awfully high. But
    it runs great. It wasn't very cool before but this is higher.

    Any cause for concern?

    dgk, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Hello

    I have been using the same board with an Athlon XP 1700 that runs at 55C
    if the cpu load goes up, and I have never had any stability problems so
    far. The problem is that the temperature displayed is not the real
    temerature of the CPU core, because the MSI K7T 266 PRO2 doesn't use
    the sensor inside the CPU. That means the real temperature is higher
    tht what you see. However, if I remember correctly, the maximum for
    these processors is 90 or 95.

    best regards
    Andreas Janssen

    Andreas Janssen, Jan 12, 2004

  3. dgk

    dgk Guest

    Thanks. 90 I think. Later ones are 85. I'll run Prime95 just for fun.
    But it is working absolutely fine as is.

    I can't help on your big disc question. I have a Raid-0 with two 120
    discs but I kept under 130 each because I wasn't sure.

    dgk, Jan 12, 2004
  4. dgk

    Jon Danniken Guest

    My 1700+ used to get up to 52C at full load with the stock aluminum heatsink. Last month I
    bought a copper slug/aluminum heatsink (Speeze 5R265B1H3) , with the result that the CPU only
    gets up to 39 now at full load.

    Jon

    Jon Danniken, Jan 13, 2004
  5. dgk

    dgk Guest

    I'll see what's at the next PC Fair.

    dgk, Jan 13, 2004
  6. I have an 6380v3 that had an 2000+ (palomino) that run at 65C
    I changed it yesterday to an 2400+ (thorton) and with the same heatsink
    it's "only" 50C

    Peter Strömberg, Jan 14, 2004