Wow, this newsgroup's gone to hell...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Homer J. Simpson, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. ....that's all I'm gonna say. I think it's fairly obvious who the culprit
    is.

    Homer J. Simpson, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Homer J. Simpson

    Lief Guest

    Yer, the people who cant work out how to use a killfile, and keep replying
    to the troll :p

    This is what is happening:

    "Look at meee, look at mee, i'm an attention whore!!!!"

    Then the group looks, and gives him attention..........

    Lief, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Homer J. Simpson

    RobV Guest

    The problem is the dimwitted persons who keep feeding the troll(s).

    RobV, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Homer J. Simpson

    SumGuy Guest

    I agree responding to trolls doesn't help the situation. However,
    Skybuck has been doing this for several years now and crossposts
    wherever he pleases. His problems go beyond being an attention whore.
    Even if that was the only issue, there is no way in a real universe to
    shut off his access to attention. The real issue is Skybuck has found
    an environment where he can act out in any fashion that suits him, post
    whatever/wherever he pleases, and no one can stop him. That might be
    what he enjoys most of all.

    SumGuy, Jun 6, 2007
  5. Homer J. Simpson

    Lief Guest

    Of course no one can stop him posting, its his right to do so. But it
    doesnt take much willpower to not respond, and killfile him and his
    sockpuppets. Anyone ignorant to his trolling has my edumacated :p

    But meh, whos really gonna lose any sleep over a few extra one's and zero's
    on a forum or two.

    Lief, Jun 6, 2007
  6. ...that's all I'm gonna say. I think it's fairly obvious who the
    That's normally the case with your average troll, but I noticed that this
    guy doesn't need any answer to continue his own threads (and create new
    ones). It's like he's thinking out loud, only posting it to usenet...

    Odd.

    Homer J. Simpson, Jun 6, 2007
  7. : >> ...that's all I'm gonna say. I think it's fairly obvious who the
    : >> culprit is.
    : >
    : > The problem is the dimwitted persons who keep feeding the troll(s).
    :
    : That's normally the case with your average troll, but I noticed that this
    : guy doesn't need any answer to continue his own threads (and create new
    : ones). It's like he's thinking out loud, only posting it to usenet...

    Stream of consciousness like? If only folks could add 'skybuck' or
    something to the Subject: to ease scorefiling :(

    Howard Goldstein, Jun 6, 2007
  8. Homer J. Simpson

    bandit Guest

    Thanks for the killfile idea now I don't have to read skybucks post
    anymore :)

    bandit, Jun 7, 2007
  9. He does tend to put his nick in the topic of his posts so it's not THAT hard
    to skip them ;)

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jun 9, 2007
  10. Homer J. Simpson

    milleron Guest

    I don't think the topics of his posts are completely off base. It's
    just that, like you say, he's using Usenet as a BLOG. I've pointed this
    out to him very explicitly, but it rolls off him like water off a duck's
    back.

    milleron, Jun 9, 2007
  11. Homer J. Simpson

    nobody Guest

    He's probably some experiment in bots or some yoyo college psych
    class project. After a point, it isn't real.

    nobody, Jun 14, 2007