    3.)Can a student later copy-and-paste bits of the formula to make
    his/her own custom forumla?

    Thanks!!!

    Rick, Nov 3, 2009

  2. None that I've seen. Why do you want/need to convert the writing to
    type? I don't think you'd get very good accuracy with the complexitiy
    of some formulas and the use of additional characters.

    You can copy parts of your formula to make another one. Handwriting
    is just like text, each individual piece of writing can be copied,
    pasted, etc.

    Steve Jain [MVP], Nov 3, 2009

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Hi Steve,

    I thought I heard about some education pack that was released by MS a
    couple of years ago. I would like to do this as a way for a teacher to
    be able to write on a tablet during a lecture and at the end to have it
    convert to type so it could be give to students.

    If not converted, what would be the best program for a teacher to just
    handwrite formulas into that could later be uploaded to a website for
    students to download and review?

    Thanks.

    Rick, Nov 3, 2009
  4. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...16-b526-487e-919d-0bce568def39&displaylang=en
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d3-1d67-4b02-bfd5-4add1879d3dc&DisplayLang=en
    Hmm, you're right, there is an education pack with an equation writer
    for the XP tablet edition and Vista. Now that I see the contents I
    think I may have looked at it years ago
    Depends on what the students have, if they have Tablets, MS Journal or
    MS OneNote would be one solution, the handwriting wouldn't even need
    to be converted.

    Otherwise, the simplest way would be to print or save to PDF. Of
    course, this limits the student's ability to manipulate it

    Steve Jain [MVP], Nov 3, 2009
  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    They will not have tablets. I was hoping for an easy way for the faculty
    member to be able to write equations for them and then for them to be
    able to share the documents someway and for students to be able to copy
    and paste different parts of the equations into different solutions in
    either Word or some other type of documents.

    Rick, Nov 3, 2009
  6. Rick

    JackMg Guest

  7. Rick

    J-K Guest

    Windows 7 has a feature called the "Math Input Panel" that lets you do just
    that :)
    It will convert ink to math text and let you insert it into apps that
    support the MathML format (for example Word).

    You can find some information about it towards the end of this blog post:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/04/23/ink-input-and-tablet.aspx

    Cheers!
    J-K

    J-K, Dec 9, 2009
  8. Rick

    me Guest

    I'm glad this subject came up...

    I'm an engineering student and have been thinking abt a
    tablet to buy for class

    The other option I am considering is the LiveScribe
    pen... see link

    http://www.livescribe.com/

    A good tablet such as Lenovo X200 tablet is an awful
    lot of money for a student....hence the LiveScribe.

    Thoughts or opinions?

    me, Dec 9, 2009