    Explorer or Firefox. However, if I use Word or Journal to enter text, the
    pad recognizes the entered text, after I click insert, the text is gone.
    Any suggestion??

    dolby, May 23, 2008

  2. dolby

    dolby Guest

    More interesting discovery on this... I can use Notepad to insert text.
    However, insert won't work with Wordpad. So... it works with Notepad and
    IE... but not with Word, Wordpad, or other Office Apps.

    dolby, May 23, 2008

  3. Don't have an answer for this, but, based on similar problems in other
    arenas, start a blank document, insert the text, then set focus to word
    and use the keyboard to "select all" to determine if the text is being
    inserted in the wrong color.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], May 23, 2008
  4. dolby

    dolby Guest

    NO.. it did not enter anything.
    So far, Word and Word Pad don't work.
    I can enter texts with Writing Pad or Character Pad in Notepad, Excel,
    Powerpoint, IE, Microsft Works.
    Is there a pattern here?

    dolby, May 24, 2008
  5. dolby

    dolby Guest

    I found out if I go to Region and Language setting and delete the item
    "Additional Text Services" under "English" then it will work temporarily. If
    I restart.. then it won't work again... However.. it's a temp fix to get it
    going for as long as it lasts.

    dolby, May 24, 2008
  6. dolby

    dolby Guest

    Here's a permanent fix..
    Thanks to D2xd in Technology Discussion Group:

    Open the Control Panel
    Open the Add/Remove Programs and check the box that says "show updates".
    -after the list has populated-
    Find HotFix KB911071 and delete it.
    Reboot your computer and all should work as promised.
    good luck,
    Mike

    dolby, Jun 1, 2008
  7. dolby

    Brother Yo Guest

    I couldn't remember the hot fix number. i looked several places last night.
    i must have lost it when i reset my computer. this does work! seems
    rediculous that you get an update that messes with you computer.

    Brother Yo, Jun 1, 2008
  8. couldn't find... <<

    tablet resources are pretty fractured and ms seems to have turned it's
    back on the platform...

    Going to start a new thread here... with the subject

    "Windows Update Problems, KB List"

    ....and post this solution there.

    Those who can find or remember the other updates which caused tablet
    problems, please post them in that thread so that at the very least, we
    can reference it down the line by searching the subject using google groups.

    <http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc?hl=en>

    Seems that Google has turned off "advanced search" in the groups, so,
    came up empty when I tried to run a wildcard search on "KB9*"

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Jun 2, 2008