    So, I can only use the keyboard option. Can anyone tell me how I activate
    them?
    Thanks, Maji

    Maji, Feb 7, 2009

  2. Type/model of computer?

    OS version?

    Rainlad

    Rainald Taesler, Feb 17, 2009

  3. Maji

    LindaD Guest

    Did you ever get help with this? I am having the same problem. When I try
    to use either the character or writing pad I am getting the error message
    "The character pad is not available for the input language you have
    selected". I only have English installed and have checked all other language
    settings so have no idea what the problem may be.
    Linda

    LindaD, Feb 24, 2009
  4. Maji

    Basti Guest

    For me it is the same. I have Windows XP Tablet PC 2005 and on a Lenovo x61t.
    Can someone please help?!

    Thanks, Basti

    Basti, Mar 5, 2009
  5. Maji

    Akandijak Guest

    I faced the same issue. Till now I did not get the solution. I just changed
    the language, English/French which allows me to use the writing pad and the
    character pad as well.
    I hope you can find it helpful while waiting 4 the right solution,
    akan

    Akandijak, Mar 8, 2009
  6. Maji

    Linda Guest

    To all - I am using a Lenovo X200 Tablet running XP SP3 with Office 2007.
    After I installed all the required updates, then the writing pad stopped
    working. We had to take it back to the factory install and then apply one
    update at a time. Doing it that way, seemed to solve the problem - but I am
    now concerned about auto updates.

    I also only have Tablet PC Input Panel v1.7.2600.5512 installed. The help
    info and various online stuff seems to suggest there is a newer version but I
    can't find it anywhere for download???

    Linda

    Linda, Mar 9, 2009
  7. Maji

    MF Guest

    same issue here.
    HP Tablet PC 2710p running windows XP tablet edition

    MF, Mar 31, 2009
  8. Maji

    MF Guest

    eventually got it working again (not entirely sure what did work):
    - uninstalled "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack"
    - reboot PC
    - reinstalled Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack
    - install KB895953 - Memory Leak in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

    Also from Control Panel -> “Regional and Language Optionsâ€
    - Enabled Xp Language Bar setting
    - Checked “Extend support of advanced text services to all programs†and
    - Unchecked “Turn off advanced text servicesâ€

    MF, Mar 31, 2009