    incorrect.
    Any ideas how I can make the system recognise the CPU speed correctly? (I'm
    running WinXP Pro Corp)

    Joe, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Joe

    Joe Guest

    It's OK - I've managed to hunt down the solution in another group. Nowhere
    in the manuals provided does it tell me that I had to manually set the CPU
    external frequency to 166MHz rather than leave it at the default 100MHz. It
    would help if the information that comes with the Athlon would say that it
    runs at 166MHz!

    Joe, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Joe

    TONY Guest

    Did you check the Bios configurations ?
    See the first option, usually controls the CPU clock speed, maybe you have
    it setted on the default speed, which coulb be less than your CPU.

    TONY, Feb 20, 2004