    I have the CLK_SW = AUTO and CLK_RATIO = AUTO.

    Anyone have a tip how I can get the correct speed set for the CPU?

    Cheers Brian

    BJD, Jan 25, 2004

  2. BJD

    MaXiLeeCH Guest

    Are you aware that the 2600+ designation on the chip bears NO RELATION to
    the actual clock speed of the chip?
    The 2600+ designation is infact, a fudge that AMD came up with so that they
    could compare and compete with the Intel processors.
    (IE: they claim that the 2600+ is at least the equivelant of a 2.6GHz P4.)

    The clock speeds you have reported are indeed correct for the 2600+
    processor.

    Jeff C.
    AKA
    MaXiLeeCH

    MaXiLeeCH, Jan 25, 2004

  3. BJD

    Brian Guest

    According to
    the docs for the CPU, as this is a Barton with FSB 333 the real CPU
    frequency should be 2.133 Ghz.

    Yes I am totally aware of this, and as I stated the FSB 333 Version of the
    Barton should run at 2.133 GHz. Mine runs at 1.912 GHz.

    I attached the official Gigabyte clockspeed chart.

    http://www.gigabyte.de/Motherboard/Support/FAQ/FAQ_351.htm

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004
  4. BJD

    +CrimsonLiar Guest

    According to
    There are actually 2 differing versions of the XP2600+. The T-berd variant
    runs at 12.5 x 166 = 2083mhz and the Barton at 11.5x166=1917mhz. I dont
    quite see where the 2133 MHz piece would come from, as that would need a
    clock multiplyer of 12.85!

    CrimsonLiar

    +CrimsonLiar, Jan 25, 2004
  5. BJD

    Brian Guest

    I guess the chart on the Gigabyte website is just plain incorrect, I dont
    even see any CPU that will run at 1.9GHz there.

    Cheers Brian

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004
  6. BJD

    Brian Guest

    According to the data on the CPU and the AMD utility it is a Barton (and
    that is what it was supposed to be), I guess the 1917MHz must be correct.

    MAin thing is I am not running slower than I need be.

    Cheers Brian

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004
  7. BJD

    jpsga Guest

    Hay Brian .. Are thoroughly confused yet?
    What threw me off is the claim that your CPU has a Barton core. In the event
    that it does, it is a model 10 Athlon. The rated speed is 1917MHz for the
    2600+.

    Now we don't know what *your* unit is really capable of. AMD says that all
    parts shipped as 2600+ will work at 1917MHz, none will be slower and most
    will be faster. So shut down and set the switches to 12X (12*166=1992).
    When that boots and plays, move it up until it says no more.
    By now you have noticed that this board has no BIOS reset jumper. If you
    have to reset the BIOS: unplug the unit from the mains and remove the
    battery.
    Easy Tune 4 will let you push the memory but won't let you change the
    multiplier.

    JPS

    jpsga, Jan 26, 2004
  8. BJD

    Brian Guest

    Jps,
    well I am confused, but only as to what should the real clock speed of the
    CPU be! I understand about the AMD speeds, for example XP 2800+, but my
    confusion was really due to the incorrect information on the gigabyte web
    site. Now I know what it should be.

    I wrote all the info down from the CPU before I installed it and according
    to the AMD web site it is a Barton.

    I think I will leave it as it is. I had a Duron 800 before this and the new
    CPU fan is very quiet so it'll do.

    Thanks.

    Brian, Jan 27, 2004