Wrong hard drive size detected

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Michael Gorbach, Jul 31, 2005.

  1. Hello everyone,
    I just did a reinstall of my system and am having a few problems I cant
    get to the bottom of.
    System Stats are
    Athlon64 4000+
    MSI K8n neo2 Platinum (nforce2)
    2gb ram
    XP Pro sp2
    2x 74gb 10k RPM HDD

    Before my reinstall i removed a RAID volume using the NVRAID utility in
    the bios. I was reinstalling because NVRAID was annoying when it came
    to any other OS (linux, longhorn, etc). It is not completley
    driverless. After I removed the array in RAID manager on boot, the bios
    reported both drives fine. I reinstalled windows on one drive. The
    problem is this: when i go into the disk administrator in windows, one
    of the 74gb drives displays as 140gb capcity (i bet its no coincidence
    that this was the capacity of my RAID volume that i have removed). I
    have created and formatted a partition on this drive and it works OK,
    but It supposedly has 80gb or so of free space that it doesent really
    have! How could this be hapenning and how do fix it? I think the drive
    or something is somehow "remembering" the RAID configuration that i
    removed.

    Any help will be very appreciated!

    Michael Gorbach

    Michael Gorbach, Jul 31, 2005