WTB (Australia): Sun Ultra 1 UPA card or similar

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by rachel polanskis, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Hi,
    I am in Australia but I urgently need a replacement UPA graphics card
    for a Sun Ultra 1.

    The problem is, my partner has an Ultra 1 that seems to have a card fault,
    but his supervisor won't replace it - instead they want to use it as an
    excuse to move him onto Windows 2000. This is not what we want to do,
    since he's a UNIX head and he'd be better off with an an etchasketch than
    the Gates Virus and probably more productive, too.

    So, we have decided to self-fund a replacement card for his Ultra, in order
    to stop the silliness of him moving to W2K.

    Can anyone please help me?

    The system is your basic Ultra 1/170 with the generic Creator 2D UPA format
    card slot. It's been running fine for the past 5 years without a single
    maintenance call until a day ago.

    We were going to buy a complete Ultra 1 from Melbourne but the guy won't
    ship it to Sydney nor part out any cards. Sun, of course want to charge a
    fortune for a card they can only get themselves from a reseller now.

    If anyone has a spare UPA card suitable for the U1/170, or similar,
    can they please let me know? We are happy to pay a few dollars for it
    or I can swap something else or whatever.

    Please help a couple of Sun fans stop the Windows invasion (as much as we can).

    Thanks....

    rachel

    rachel polanskis, Jul 14, 2004

  2. rachel polanskis

    Dave Uhring Guest

    Check with Jason Morgan at 636-443-1999.

    I just bought a 501-4173 card from him for $15.00 USD plus $6 shipping
    locally. Their international shipping rates are somewhat higher.

    Dave Uhring, Jul 14, 2004