  1. As subject says, looking for a replacement for a dead Mobo.

    First stop: find another KT7-RAID, second stop (if first fails) upgrade
    to a newer product.

    Brian Brunner, Oct 31, 2004

  2. Brian Brunner

    GlassVial Guest

    As subject says, looking for a replacement for a dead Mobo.
    Have you thought about getting it repaired?

    -GV

    GlassVial, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Not sure who could do it... we're probably talking a replacement of the
    Northbridge chip.

    (memory stick popped half-way out while running. Stick works fine in
    another board, but this board doesn't boot up to the first beep.
    Replaced cpu, PSU, RAM, Vid card, nothing helped. All other components
    from this dead board work fine in other systems).

    Brian Brunner, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Brian Brunner

    GlassVial Guest

    Have you thought about getting it repaired?
    Well one of the most common issues on these era boards tends to be bad
    caps, which either bulge or leak. I just had to replace 2 caps on my
    KT7A-RAID board, and (knock on wood) the problems it had appear to be
    gone. I also think Homie does/used to repair mobo's, if he still
    visits this group.

    -GV

    GlassVial, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Brian Brunner

    Wes Newell Guest

    KT7A-Raid's are still available and would be compatible replacement and
    support a 133Mhz FSB.

    http://beatprice.com/bp2/bp_product.asp?cat=4&id=22

    Wes Newell, Nov 1, 2004
  6. Brian I have one of those in great shape- I sent you an email but it was
    returned so I sent you another one at

    Ron Marraccini, Nov 1, 2004
  7. I have one that worked fine until I upgraded to an NF7S. It also has 256mb
    of PC 150 sdram and a bios savior.

    Email me at

    Ron Marraccini, Nov 1, 2004
  8. I'm aware of the cap problem, and the CapMan's solution. In fact, this
    board went through his shop for the cap problem! His work was
    excellent.

    We've invented a new problem, I'm afraid.

    Brian Brunner, Nov 1, 2004
  9. Would they come with old (failure-prone) caps, or did ABIT wise up in
    time?

    Brian Brunner, Nov 1, 2004
  10. Brian Brunner

    Charlie Guest

    Charlie, Nov 1, 2004
  11. Brian Brunner

    Wes Newell Guest

    Just found this.

    Subject: FS: Abit KT7-RAID motherboard - NEW!
    From: "James" <>
    Newsgroups: dfw.forsale
    Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:15:23 -0600

    Abit KT7-RAID motherboard - still in the box, never been used.

    Compatible CPUs: AMD Athlon, Duron & T-Bird Socket A

    Read the review:
    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/01q1/abitkt7r/abitkt7r-1.html

    Bought for $100 - will sell for $25.

    Contact or 214-769-9377.

    Wes Newell, Nov 2, 2004
  12. Brian Brunner

    GlassVial Guest

    GlassVial, Nov 2, 2004
  13. Brian Brunner

    GlassVial Guest

    I'm aware of the cap problem, and the CapMan's solution. In fact, this
    Ahh, that's unfortunate, it was worth a shot :)

    -GV

    GlassVial, Nov 2, 2004
  14. Brian Brunner

    GlassVial Guest

    Just found this.
    That's a lot more reasonable than the $90 price Wes quoted ;)

    -GV

    GlassVial, Nov 2, 2004