WTB: Logic Analyser

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Aly, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Hello,

    I'm in the market for a new LA. Well, I have money burning a hole in my
    pocket..

    At the moment I have a Thurlby LA4800 48-channel 25Mhz all-in-one
    lightweight box with an LCD screen. The capture depth is about 2K.

    I'm just looking for recommendations really? :) One of those PC/USB-style
    things might well be considered. I saw one of those PC-Scope things years
    ago so that kind of put me off for life, that and the host software was
    buggy. Things may have progressed?

    Rough Requirements / Maybes;
    *Lightweight
    *Electrically Sound
    *Robust Firmware / Host Software
    *32-channels
    *100Mhz Sample
    *1Mbyte Depth / Per Channel
    *SPI Decode Facility / Data Extrapolation

    The sampling depth up above I'm not too sure about as that just seems
    incredible in comparison to what I have at the moment, but am really just
    looking to spend say £200-300 tops. UK-based.

    TIA,

    Alison :)

    Aly, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Aly

    Rich Webb Guest

    Well, there are these lads and they're based in Suffolk (er, ah, your
    original Suffolk, not the one out by me)

    http://www.rockylogic.com/index.html

    The Ant18e is not as wide or as deep as your wish list, though. Don't
    know about the SPI. It does include a trigger-out, which can be useful.
    I carried around it's older, smaller sibling (Ant8) for years as part of
    my notebook PC kit. Eventually sold that to a mate to buy ...

    .... a LogicPort LC1034 from http://www.pctestinstruments.com/
    Not in the UK, however. It has a small-ish buffer but the samples are
    timestamped so you're storing N transitions not just N samples. Does
    have SPI (and 232 and I2C) decoding. The host software is downloadable
    and can run in demo mode with some included sample captures.

    Rich Webb, Dec 7, 2007

  3. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Excellent, thanks for that Rich!! :)

    The RockyLogic people aren't too far from me actually.. Might be worth a
    look in.

    Aly, Dec 7, 2007
  4. Aly

    Oliver Betz Guest