    such a manual and can scan the layout diagram and pin assignment tables for
    me, it would be much appreciated.

    Tony

    TonyG, Aug 8, 2003

  2. TonyG

    SR Guest

    SR, Aug 8, 2003

  3. TonyG

    TonyG Guest

    OK, I think this material has answered most of my questions. Just to be
    certain, though, is there are way to access the USB ports via motherboard
    pins? I have an ATX case that can make the USB ports available at the front
    of the case, but I don't see any way to connect them to the motherboard, so
    I suspect these are only for later version M/Bs?

    Tony

    Gateway has information about the board on their site:
    http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/m00206/4000206nv.shtml

    Intel has a lot of information:
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/AL440LX/

    Download Intel's Technical Product Specification document.

    TonyG, Aug 8, 2003
  4. TonyG

    SR Guest

    No, it doesn't have a connector for front panel USB ports. That option is available on newer motherboards.

    SR, Aug 9, 2003
  5. TonyG

    rwcotton

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Problem with Gateway M1626

    I'm having problems with locating the CMOS battery in my Gateway M1626 laptop. My OS started to constantly reboot halfway through the bootup process. I attempted a fresh install and now I'm getting 'System Configuration Read Error' message and cannot do a fresh install because of the Windows cannot install to this partition error. From all info I have been able to find online this is most likely caused by a bad CMOS battery. I contacted Gateway, but can get no information from them (out of warranty, payment required) other than to take to qualified technician. Can anyone help with this problem?

    I'd like to add that I've tried the 2 links above. The Gateway link has no information to help, and the Intel link leads to Page Not Found.

    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    rwcotton, Sep 24, 2010