wtf? entourage screwup

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Nate, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Nate

    Nate Guest

    I am really not that knowledgeable when it comes to Macs, so if anyone
    has a suggestion, I'd really appreciate it...
    I'm run Microsoft Office for Macs on os x, and today when I opened up
    Entourage while connected to my campus network, I got a message saying
    essentially that the program couldn't be opened because another user
    was running office with the same serial. this has happened before, I
    guess it is the price to pay of stealing software. so, as usual, i
    unplug the ethernet cable and restart entourage, only when I do, it
    opens up like it's the first time i've opened the computer, asking for
    preferences. all the emails, tasks, calendar appointments, and
    address book contacts, as well as all the configuration of entourage,
    just disappeared - can't import them, can't find them anywhere on the
    hard drive, like they've just been wiped, instantly.

    any ideas? are those .eml files lurking anywhere? any idea about
    what caused this to happen?

    help would be, as i said, much appreciated.

    Nate

    Nate, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Not all MS licenses are the same. In fact, there are different versions of
    the same program to correspond to the different licensing schemes. You have
    a volume license. The OP does not.

    J.

    Jennifer Mullen, Sep 6, 2003