WTF!!??? No USB Boot Option in BIOS!!!???

Discussion in 'HP' started by Patient Guy, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. Patient Guy

    Patient Guy Guest

    I was thinking of putting Linux on a pocket USB drive, and now I am bummed
    that the nx7010 laptop BIOS seems to present no option for a boot from a
    USB device!!!

    It offers a boot from the hard drive or the "optical device" (presumably
    the CDROM drive)...or is a USB drive included in the poll of "optical
    device"?

    That's odd, since since it seemed that BIOSes from 5 years ago had such an
    option.

    Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

    Can the nx7010 ROM be flashed with another BIOS?

    The HP web site is, as usual, entirely un-navigable, and there is probably
    a BIOS offered for the "68BAL" family that does offer a USB boot, right?

    Patient Guy, Feb 11, 2007