    What's going
    onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?!?!?!!?!?

    Any help is much appreciated...cuz I'm kinda freaked out here.

    Dragoncarer, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    O.

    I think I may have embarassed myself. Am I reading RivaTuner/nVidia display
    panel correctly in that the card reduces the core clock to 275 when in 2D
    (Windows environment), but will push it up to 450 when it goes into 3D
    (games)?
    If that's the case, then everything is fine.
    I'm just not used to RivaTuner and I tried looking for manuals or guides but
    ahhhh!

    I'm sorry. I'll go back to being a fool and just try to hide myself in WoW
    or FarCry or Vamp The Masquerade.....

    Dragoncarer, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Dragoncarer

    WickedGimp Guest

    how much did that set you back???

    WickedGimp, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Dragoncarer

    Robbie Guest

    Who overclocks their Nvidia cards more, XFX or BFG?

    Robbie, Aug 26, 2005
  5. Dragoncarer

    BigJIm Guest

    you will be able to buy a PS3 for what that card costs.

    BigJIm, Aug 26, 2005

  6. I freaked the first time I ran RivaTuner on my 6600GT. I
    thought mt PSU was causing it to downclock till I realized it was the
    2D setting I was reading.

    Larry Roberts, Aug 26, 2005
  7. Dragoncarer

    edde Guest

    EVGA has the highest memory clock.
    445/1070

    edde, Aug 26, 2005
  8. Dragoncarer

    McGrandpa Guest

    Which CPU did ya get? Gonna try Far Cry 64/ Windows64?
    Congrats on the new card too!
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Aug 26, 2005
  9. Dragoncarer

    First of One Guest

    Isn't Sony shipping SDKs to developers just now? By the time the PS3 gets
    released, with a decent game lineup, the 7800GT certain wouldn't be as much
    as a PS3.

    First of One, Aug 26, 2005
  10. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    AUD750 including p&h from www.macotechnology.com.au

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  11. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Depends.

    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2005/08/11/bfgtech_xfx_7800gt/4.html

    That's for the 7800GT...but I think the GTX and 6800XX series might be
    different.

    But, it's not that much of a difference, IMHO. I wanted OCd and a good
    brand, and a good package of bits and pieces. XFX came with a few games
    (FarCry!! being one of them), and it would have been a nightmare trying to
    get a BFG7800GT here in Australia right now.

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  12. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Why on earth would I want to?
    without getting to another PC v Console debate....personally, I've matured
    from consoles.

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  13. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Phew! Thank God I got confirmation on my thoughts!! Thanks lol!
    I'm such a ditzy moron.

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  14. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    I told you, in a.g.t, remember? Your memory's failing old fella! ;)
    A'64 3700+

    As for XP64...I've heard bugs. It's too much effort. And don't I need to buy
    XP all over again? I dunno...I haven't done much research. But I've seen the
    screenshots of 'before' and 'after' FarCry....it's unbelievably tempting.

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  15. Dragoncarer

    Shawk Guest

    You could dual boot like McG if you just want to try it out?

    Shawk, Aug 27, 2005
  16. Dragoncarer

    Dragoncarer Guest

    Yeah that's good idea, and I've thought about it...but even then the trial
    is only 10 days, and let's face it, I'd only need it for FarCry!
    Honestly I just couldn't be arsed! I just bought all this new hardware, so
    I've had to enjoy the rigours of fiddling around with an OS for the past few
    weeks...I so very can't be stuffed doing *that* for quite some time! ;)

    Maybe when I get a new 8MB/ 16MB HDD...or....I might be able to get a nice
    19" LCD for my Birthday/ Xmas!!

    Then of course, I really should buy a new case....sigh....once you start
    buying bits for your computer, it never ends!!

    Dragoncarer, Aug 27, 2005
  17. Dragoncarer

    Shawk Guest

    LOL, I hear ya. Clenching my teeth here, really want to upgrade but making
    myself wait until next year when I can hopefully spend the cash and do it
    properly, PCI Express, A64, etc etc

    Shawk, Aug 27, 2005
  18. Dragoncarer

    First of One Guest