X10SAE Problems

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by manolo2001, Feb 26, 2021.

  1. manolo2001

    manolo2001

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2021
    Hi, I am new to the forum, and am looking for some help with an X10SAE motherboard. My setup is as follows:

    X10SAE MB
    i7-5775c CPU
    RX 560 4GB GPU

    I have opencore and triple boot, MacOS, Windows Server 2019, and Ubuntu.

    My first problem was that I could not install Windows 10, I kept getting a page fault in non paged area error, tried windows server 2019 desktop experience and everything is now working fine. But normal Win 10 Pro would simply not install properly.

    Second problem is that I am not getting on board graphics from the CPU, which has an Intel Iris Pro 6200, and (as far as I understand) should be able to provide video with the board.

    Third problem is drive size, I have three SSDs in P0 to P2 Intel side for the operating systems, so far everythong works perfect. I have an additional 2.5 HDD for storing data in P3, leaving P4 and P5 (always Intel) empty. I also use two 8Tb drives in raid 0 for my media library. But the board is not recognizing the drives, neither in Intel or Asm1061 ports. I can get a 3Tb drive recognized, but not 8Tb.

    So:
    Regarding problem 1, not to worry Win Server works fine and to be honest I like it.
    Regarding problem 2, any suggestions are welcome ( I have internal graphics selected, etc.), using an RX560, so not urgent, but would definitely like to solve it

    Regarding problem 3, this is the most important issue by far as I would definitely like to have those drives working in my PC, and be able to plug in larger sized drives eventually.

    Any help is very welcome.

    Thanks

    Manolo

    manolo2001, Feb 26, 2021