X10SRi-F - cannot boot / enter bios

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by nitromaroder, Mar 6, 2021.

  1. nitromaroder

    nitromaroder

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2021
    Dear colleagues,

    I've bought a Supermicro X10SRi-F motherboard and having issues to enter the BIOS (or boot from any devices) - no matter what, the board freezes on "DXE--OOB Data Sync-Up / B2", ignoring "DEL" or "F11" keys. I've already upgraded the BIOS via IPMI to the latest version, with no luck. The current boot freezes on following state:
    • DXE--OOB Data Sync-Up / B2
    I've understood from AMI BIOS docs that it is related to "Legacy Option ROM Initialization" - but I am unsure, what to do next

    My current setup looks like following:
    • E5-2630V4
    • 128 GB DDR4 (8x 16GB 2133 DDR4 Supermicro)
    • No attached devices / add-on cards
    Has anyone an hint for me? I would like to understand if this is a board, CPU or RAM issue (unfortunately no other board for testing is available)

    Best regards!

    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    nitromaroder, Mar 6, 2021