    it since I don't have a spare 939 CPU to fire it up.

    Should the 9NPA+ see the X2 (at least enought to POST) or should I consider
    this board broken?

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 22, 2005

  2. It's my understanding that if the BIOS is too old to recognize an X2
    processor, you'll need to boot with a single-core processor, upgrade the
    BIOS and then reinstall your X2 processor. If you have a local computer
    "fix it" shop, they may be willing to boot it up and upgrade your BIOS
    for you.

    BTW, I'm running my 9NPA+Ultra with a single core 3800 Venice. So far,
    rock solid.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Hmmm, then I wonder if the 9NPA+ that I just RMAed would've worked with a
    single core CPU.... Guess I'll never know. Thanks for the info. My other
    9NPA+ Ultra came with the 0805 BIOS; fired up my 3800X2 immediately, and has
    been running XP 64bit very well for the past 2 months. I still think the
    newer board might be flaky. Regardless, it shouldn't have shipped with an
    antiquated BIOS without a warning sticker saying WILL NOT WORK WITH AN X2.
    I'll see how the replacement board does.

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 24, 2005