    x20 is able to boot from network ? (but I don't know how network boot
    works not how I can set it up on my OpenBSD server)

    Thanks for your help

    juju, Aug 8, 2003

  2. juju

    sapper Guest

    Typically booting from a PCMCIA device is problematic -- the device drivers
    need loading first!

    I have an X22 and that can boot from USB connected Floppy drives and from a
    USB connected CDROM. The BIOS supports it. I do not know if the X20 would
    do this also. Best bet is to check on the IBM support web sites.

    OR - if some kind soul has an X20 they can check by pressing F12 during the
    boot and seeing what devices are offered as boot devices.

    sapper, Aug 8, 2003

  3. juju

    Alan Guest

    It should boot from the PCMCIA CDROM. You may want to check your bios
    and ensure it has the boot from CDROM set first in the boot order.

    You cannot boot from a USB device to my knowledge, and as for the
    compact flash slot, l would not be surprised it it could. As long as
    there is a stting in the bios for it (l may reboot to get into the
    bios and see later on).

    Which OS are you setting up? WinXP? RedHat Linux 9.0? If so let us
    know how it went please.

    My X20 is 3 years and going strong. A good choice.

    Al

    Alan, Aug 14, 2003