X2100 vs X2200?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Tim Hogard, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Tim Hogard

    Tim Hogard Guest

    We currently have two x2100 that seem to be dealing with their load
    just fine and we are in the market for 3 more and the topic of the
    x2200 came up.

    I haven't seen anything about the x2200 from sun yet but some of the
    rumors are a dual chip or dual core (which makes sense) or just
    a faster clock than the x2100.

    Will the x2200 replace the x2100 or will it be a higher performace
    member of the same product family? Is there any chance it will
    start up at the same price point as the current x2100?

    The three machines will be delivered in two different countries
    and I want the one in the US to be the same as the two in Australia
    just so I know whats inside the machine I may never actually see
    and the other machines will be ordered next financial year and I
    don't want to be stuck with a x2200 in the US and x2100 in AU
    or the reverse situation.

    Also can the disk caddies for the disks be ordered without a disk?

    -tim
    http://web.abnormal.com

    Tim Hogard, Jun 20, 2006