    gives white screen, second one ditto and hangs up the IE window.

    I see no traffic flowing but 2 TCP sessions open on ports 443 and 8600.
    Shouldn't there be more?

    mousehouse, Oct 3, 2006

  2. mousehouse

    mousehouse Guest

    Welll, I sort'a fixed it. For some obscure reason the X2100M2 ILO will
    not run when placed behind a Cisco PIX firewall, even when the firewall
    is permitting all ports & traffic in and out. Very strange and not
    really what I was expecting. The X4100 ILO runs great, even using NAT

    mousehouse, Oct 11, 2006

  3. mousehouse

    Frank Cusack Guest

    Does the ILO (I guess this is the name for the console app?) use UDP or
    TCP? If TCP, I wouldn't expect a problem but if UDP, it might be the
    case that instead of sending MTU-sized packets, it sends larger packets
    as fragments. TCP shouldn't do this because packet size should simply
    be limited by MSS/MTU.

    The problem with fragmented packets and firewall is that Linux, which I
    am just assuming is the OS for the ILO, sends fragments backwards --
    last fragment first -- as an optimization. This breaks stateful firewalls,
    which includes NAT even without any firewall rules.

    -frank

    Frank Cusack, Oct 11, 2006