    there?

    Thanks
    James

    James, Jul 27, 2006

  2. James

    pen Guest

    The short answer is no if you're talking about e-servers. The 335 uses
    DDR
    while the 336 uses DDR2. They both use registered memory and ECC, which
    is more
    expensive than the usual PC kind. However, check Crucial for their
    prices it's
    expensive but may be less than IBM.
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...el=e-server+xSeries+335+(Type+8676)&submit=Go

    pen, Jul 27, 2006

  3. James

    James Guest

    Does this mean any registered, ECC DDR memory would work in the x335?

    James, Jul 28, 2006
  4. James

    pen Guest

    Yes and no. Check the specs at crucial. It seems to me the CL was pretty
    low.

    pen, Jul 28, 2006
  5. James

    James Guest

    Thanks! While expensive, it is far cheaper than the IBM prices we were
    offered!

    James, Jul 28, 2006
  6. James

    JBT Guest