X342 Trying to get RAID controller working

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Thomas Kenyon, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. I have an eSeries X-342 with BIOS v 1.08 which I am trying to add an
    Adaptec 3200S card (INT14, DPT, i960 PCI-PCI bridge-based PCI-64/33
    controller).

    On startup I get a BIOS error along the lines of PCI self-test failed.

    Looking up the error code states that there is a PCI-PCI bridge issue.

    Looking at the lights on the card tells me that the BIOS does not offer
    the card any resources.

    The card works in other machines.

    If I have the card installed and boot up a linux Live system from CD
    (KNOPPIX), then when the kernel starts, the card boots up.

    I know I can make a boot-CD/pendrive for this system to allow it to use
    the card and use the software tools from within linux to manage the
    controller, but I'd rather I could get it to start up natively and use
    the BIOS utilities.

    Does anyone have any Idea how I can make the card work with this system.

    TIA for any help on this matter.

    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 16, 2007