    I plan on runnig an E8400, 2x1GB Corsair 8500C5 and a BFG 8600GT.

    TIA,
    john

    name, Jun 4, 2008

  2. name

    name Guest

    Thanks. This is something I'll have to consider when I decide on a
    purchase.
    Asus Maximus Formula NB runs hot. Asus P5E has BIOS and sound driver
    issues.
    Seems like there's no free lunch when it comes to a Mobo.

    john

    john

    name, Jun 4, 2008

  3. name

    Marcus Coles Guest

    This is normally run as a Linux box, but after reading this I booted
    into XP pro, downloaded and ran the app.

    No problem here with the GA-X38-DS4 Rev. 1 and the recent F4a BIOS.

    I think it is a pretty good board, doesn't seem to like Crucial
    Ballistix RAM but other than that no problems.

    This one has been running 24/7 (at 100% load in its spare time for SETI)
    other than upgrade reboots and dual booting to Windows for a couple of
    apps since Feb, 2nd. 2008.

    Currently running a Q6600 @ 3348Mhz
    4GB G.Skill 8500
    Palit 8800GT

    Also check the Tweaktown Gigabyte Forums for a picture of the good and bad.

    Marcus

    Marcus Coles, Jun 9, 2008