x4200 + Emulex LP9002L-E wont boot.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by SLIMaxPower, Aug 18, 2013.

  1. SLIMaxPower

    SLIMaxPower

    Hi. I new here so be nice :) I have quite a few questions to help move forward.

    I bought a second hand Sunfire X4200 server. Boots fine.

    I have 2 Emulex LP9002L-E FC PCI-X controller cards. I have tried to install either in any of the available ports. The server will NOT start with any of these cards in. The cards work in a ML150 G3.

    The cards connect to a ds3000 datastore (that I bought secondhand).

    Is it something in bios I have missed or do I have to flash the cards ?

    Currently the ML150 is running esxi5.

    I can't make changes to the ds3000 ? I can see little storage. Do I need to do that in a Windows Enviroment or a direct windows install ? or is there a VMWare tool that I can do that with.

    I also have a emc ktn-stl4 that I don't know what adapters or cables are required to access, as the cables/connectors are quite different.

    thanks for the help.

    SLIMaxPower, Aug 18, 2013