    m0rT1

    --
    //a.k.a Godsend

    b14z3j 4n7, Mar 13, 2012

  2. b14z3j 4n7

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    On 2012-03-13, b14z3j 4n7 <> wrote:
    > Looking for any tool, command, package which can be installed or compiled
    > on RedHat EL 4 and can monitor or just simple display physical disks status
    > - getting info from LSI controller. I wanna know of disk status. Any help
    > appreciated.

    Not sure whether it will will work on a LSI controller (hardware
    RAID?), but what I use to monitor my disks is a package called
    smartmontools. I had to download the source and compile it on Solaris
    10, but I've just checked with an Ubuntu system, and it is available via
    apt-get. Presumably something similar will work for RedHat.

    Here is where you strt for getting the source.

    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/>

    It can be run from the command line, or can be set up in daemon
    mode to send you e-mails when things start going bad.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    --
    Remove oil spill source from e-mail
    Email: <> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

    DoN. Nichols, Mar 14, 2012