  1. Core2Duo

    Core2Duo Guest

    Anyone using an X48-DQ6 motherboard with ECC memory?.

    Core2Duo, Jul 30, 2008

  2. Core2Duo

    Timelord Guest

    I have that mobo that is going in a pc i am currently building. I don't know
    what ECC memory is but i have 4 gig of OCZ Reaper X PC3 10666 1333mhz if
    that qualifies as ECC memory??
    PS, this is my first SATA computer and i don't know which mobo connector to
    use for the HDD and DVD rom as they are both SATA.
    Perhaps you could tell me.

    Thanks.

    Timelord, Jul 30, 2008

  3. Core2Duo

    gg Guest

    gg, Sep 13, 2008
  4. Core2Duo

    Paul Guest

    The HYS72T128020HU-3S-A in the list is ECC. I got the hint
    by searching for "72" in the memory part number listing, then
    verifying ECC in a product listing.

    HYS72T128020HU-3S-A ACH 1GB 240p PC2-5300 CL5 18c 64x8 ECC DDR2-667 Infineon $30.
    http://www.memoryten.com/pc/002233/DDR2-240p-PC2-5300E-1GB/

    Just because an item like that shows up in a QVL, is not a
    guarantee that the BIOS has an "ECC enable/disable" setting,
    which may only appear in the BIOS when 72 bit memory is installed.

    Or that the OS plus the chipset properly support the feature, when
    your OS is running. There are lots of potential gotchas, with
    the installation of ECC. There have been motherboards in the
    past, that would accept the installation of ECC RAM, and
    then not do anything with it (errors not corrected or
    detected etc).

    This is why the lazy manufacturers should bring back the
    publication of their internal test reports, so we can see
    what they've tested and how it was done.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 13, 2008
  5. Core2Duo

    Core2Duo Guest

    Paul,
    I've noticed that the Specs for this board on Gigabyte's site state it does
    support ECC and Non-ECC memory.

    Core2Duo, Sep 14, 2008